Professor P G (Gerry) McKenna: Selected sample of scientific publications
- 2003: M B E Livingstone; P J Robson; A E Black; W A Coward; J M W Wallace; M C McKinley; J J Strain; P G McKenna
An evaluation of the sensitivity and specificity of energy expenditure measured by heart rate and the Goldberg cut-off for energy intake: basal metabolic rate for identifying mis-reporting of energy intake by adults and children: a retrospective analysis.
European journal of clinical nutrition 2003;57(3):455-63.
- 2000: P L Hyland; A L Keegan; M D Curran; D Middleton; P G McKenna; Y A Barnett
Effect of a dCTP:dTTP pool imbalance on DNA replication fidelity in Friend murine erythroleukemia cells.
Environmental and molecular mutagenesis 2000;36(2):87-96.
- 1999: R W Welch; E Turley; S F Sweetman; G Kennedy; A R Collins; A Dunne; M B Livingstone; P G McKenna; V J McKelvey-Martin; J J Strain
Dietary antioxidant supplementation and DNA damage in smokers and nonsmokers.
Nutrition and cancer 1999;34(2):167-72.
- 1997: C J Best; P G McKenna; V J McKelvey-Martin
Mutagen sensitivity in thymidine kinase- and methyltransferase-deficient human lymphoblastoid cells.
British journal of biomedical science 1997;54(4):267-72.
- 1997: M Yadollahi-Farsani; P G McKenna; V J McKelvey-Martin
Molecular mechanisms of mutagen hypersensitivity in adenine phosphoribosyl transferase-deficient Friend mouse erythroleukaemia cells.
British journal of biomedical science 1997;54(3):174-80.
- 1997: P J McCarthy; S F Sweetman; P G McKenna; V J McKelvey-Martin
Evaluation of manual and image analysis quantification of DNA damage in the alkaline comet assay.
- 1997: P B Mullan; P G McKenna; V J McKelvey-Martin
Activities of potential tumour marker enzymes during induced differentiation in HL-60 and U-937 cells.
British journal of biomedical science 1997;54(2):91-9.
- 1995: W M Thomas; J F Robertson; P G McKenna; K L O´Neill; M H Robinson; J D Hardcastle
Serum thymidine kinase in colorectal neoplasia.
European journal of surgical oncology : the journal of the European Society of Surgical Oncology and the British Association of Surgical Oncology 1995;21(6):632-4.
- 1995: S F Sweetman; P G McKenna; V J McKelvey-Martin
Bleomycin-induced DNA damage and repair in wild-type and thymidine kinase-deficient Friend mouse erythroleukaemia cells.
British journal of biomedical science 1995;52(4):257-65.
- 1995: I D Logan; P G McKenna; Y A Barnett
An investigation of the cytotoxic and mutagenic potential of low intensity laser irradiation in Friend erythroleukaemia cells.
Mutation research 1995;347(2):67-71.
- 1994: C J Best; V J McKelvey-Martin; P G McKenna
Effects of thymidine kinase and methyltransferase deficiency on mutagenesis in a human lymphoblastoid cell line.
Mutation research 1994;309(2):235-42.
- 1994: C M King; E S Gillespie; P G McKenna; Y A Barnett
An investigation of mutation as a function of age in humans.
Mutation research 1994;316(2):79-90.
- 1993: L H Stewart; K L O´Neill; V J McKelvey; E S Gillespie; S R Johnston; J D Biggart; P G McKenna
Why do most primary bladder neoplasms first appear around the ureteric orifices?
British journal of urology 1993;71(1):34-7.
- 1993: B M Hannigan; Y A Barnett; D B Armstrong; V J McKelvey-Martin; P G McKenna
Thymidine kinases: the enzymes and their clinical usefulness.
Cancer biotherapy 1993;8(3):189-97.
- 1992: K L O´Neill; V J McKelvey; M Hoper; H Monteverde; G W Odling-Smee; H Logan; W P Abram; P G McKenna
Breast tumour thymidine kinase levels and disease recurrence.
Medical laboratory sciences 1992;49(4):244-7.
- 1992: M B Livingstone; W A Coward; A M Prentice; P S Davies; J J Strain; P G McKenna; C A Mahoney; J A White; C M Stewart; M J Kerr
Daily energy expenditure in free-living children: comparison of heart-rate monitoring with the doubly labeled water (2H2(18)O) method.
The American journal of clinical nutrition 1992;56(2):343-52.
- 1992: M B Livingstone; A M Prentice; W A Coward; J J Strain; A E Black; P S Davies; C M Stewart; P G McKenna; R G Whitehead
Validation of estimates of energy intake by weighed dietary record and diet history in children and adolescents.
The American journal of clinical nutrition 1992;56(1):29-35.
- 1992: B M Hannigan; S A Richardson; P G McKenna
DNA damage in mammalian cell lines with different antioxidant levels and DNA repair capacities.
- 1991: M B Livingstone; J J Strain; A M Prentice; W A Coward; G B Nevin; M E Barker; R J Hickey; P G McKenna; R G Whitehead
Potential contribution of leisure activity to the energy expenditure patterns of sedentary populations.
The British journal of nutrition 1991;65(2):145-55.
- 1991: F M Amara; Y A Wilkinson; P E Ward; C C Thompson; P G McKenna
Nucleotide pools and mutagenic effects of alkylating agents in wild-type and APRT-deficient Friend erythroleukaemia cells.
Mutation research 1991;246(1):151-7.
- 1990: J F Robertson; K L O´Neill; M W Thomas; P G McKenna; R W Blamey
Thymidine kinase in breast cancer.
British journal of cancer 1990;62(4):663-7.
- 1990: J J Strain; M E Barker; M B Livingstone; P G McKenna
The Northern Ireland dietary survey and related studies.
The Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 1990;49(2):289-96.
- 1990: M B Livingstone; A M Prentice; W A Coward; S M Ceesay; J J Strain; P G McKenna; G B Nevin; M E Barker; R J Hickey
Simultaneous measurement of free-living energy expenditure by the doubly labeled water method and heart-rate monitoring.
The American journal of clinical nutrition 1990;52(1):59-65.
- 1990: M B Livingstone; A M Prentice; J J Strain; W A Coward; A E Black; M E Barker; P G McKenna; R G Whitehead
Accuracy of weighed dietary records in studies of diet and health.
BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 1990;300(6726):708-12.
- 1989: Y A Wilkinson; P G McKenna
The effects of thymidine on deoxyribonucleotide pool levels, cytotoxicity and mutation induction in Friend mouse erythroleukaemia cells.
Leukemia research 1989;13(7):615-20.
- 1988: P G McKenna; V J McKelvey; T L Frew
Sensitivity to cell killing and the induction of cytogenetic damage following gamma irradiation in wild-type and thymidine kinase-deficient Friend mouse erythroleukaemia cells.
Mutation research 1988;200(1-2):231-42.
- 1988: P G McKenna; K L O´Neill; W P Abram; B M Hannigan
Thymidine kinase activities in mononuclear leukocytes and serum from breast cancer patients.
British journal of cancer 1988;57(6):619-22.
- 1988: P G McKenna; B A Boullier
Cell killing and mutagenesis by alkylating agents and UV irradiation in wild-type and deoxycytidine-kinase-deficient Friend murine leukaemia cells.
- 1988: V J McKelvey; P G McKenna
Synergism between U.V. and thymidine treatments in the induction of cytogenetic damage in wild-type Friend erythroleukaemia cells.
Leukemia research 1988;12(2):167-71.
- 1987: P G McKenna; P E Ward
Mutation at the APRT locus in Friend erythroleukaemia cells. 1. Mutation rates and properties of mutants.
Mutation research 1987;180(2):267-71.
- 1987: P E Ward; P G McKenna
Mutation at the APRT locus in Friend erythroleukaemia cells. 2. Sensitivity to mitomycin C induced cytogenetic damage.
Mutation research 1987;180(2):273-6.
- 1986: K L O´Neill; W P Abram; P G McKenna
Serum thymidine kinase levels in cancer patients.
Irish journal of medical science 1986;155(8):272-4.
- 1986: P G McKenna; V J McKelvey
Abilities of wild-type and thymidine kinase-deficient Friend mouse erythroleukemia cells to undergo unscheduled DNA synthesis following mutagen treatment.
Somatic cell and molecular genetics 1986;12(4):325-32.
- 1986: V J McKelvey; P G McKenna
Enhanced synergism between caffeine and mitomycin C in the induction of cytogenetic aberrations in thymidine kinase-deficient Friend murine erythroleukaemia cells.
- 1985: P G McKenna; A A Yasseen; V J McKelvey
Evidence for indirect involvement of thymidine kinase in excision repair processes in mouse cell lines.
Somatic cell and molecular genetics 1985;11(3):239-46.
- 1985: P G McKenna; A A Yasseen
Hypersensitivity of thymidine kinase-deficient Friend leukaemia cells to the induction of cytogenetic aberrations by mitomycin C.
Leukemia research 1985;9(4):501-6.
- 1983: A A Yasseen; P G McKenna
Cytogenetic evidence for hemizygosity at the thymidine kinase locus in P388 mouse lymphoma cells.
- 1982: P G McKenna; A A Yasseen
Increased sensitivity to cell killing and mutagenesis by chemical mutagens in thymidine-kinase-deficient subclones of a Friend murine leukaemia cell line.
Genetical research 1982;40(2):207-12.
- 1981: P G McKenna; I Hickey
UV sensitivity in thymidine kinase deficient mouse erythroleukaemia cells.
Cell Biology International Reports 1981;5(6):555-61.
- 1981: P G McKenna; I Hickey
The thymidine-kinase locus of Friend erythroleukaemic cells 1. Mutation rates and
properties of mutants.
Mutation Research 1981; 80(1): 187-99
- 1989: M E Barker; S I McClean; P G McKenna; N G Reid; J J Strain; K A Thompson; A P Williamson; M E Wright
Diet, Lifestyle and Health in Northern Ireland
University of Ulster, 1989, 212pp.
- 1996 J M Allen; Y A Barnett; F Gibson; P G McKenna (eds.)
Avebury, 1996, 192pp.
A fuller list of publications can be accessed via ResearchGate P G McKenna: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/P_G_Mckenna